Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A new day, hot springs


After a rough patch of luck and motivation the views today got me invigorated about the PCT again. Overall it was the most beautiful day so far on the trail. 


Today's landscape was anchored by purple grass, desert canyons, lush oasis, and hot springs, and a killer sunset to cap off the day. I couldn't even describe how beautiful the oasis was.  

McDonald's and Cajon Pass is on the horizon and has consumed all of the hiker's minds. I'm looking forward to a light hike into Cajon tomorrow where the Jackson's will be hosting us for the night to get fresh for the tough patch between Cajon and my next resupply in Agua Dulce. I am excited to get to meet some people from McKenzie TN out here in beautiful California! 


I also feel a trip to REI coming on.  Thanks for reading about the hike. It has been a great experience.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wish I could hike a few of those miles with you - especially with those views. Keep rolling, Zach! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete