Sunday, May 8, 2016

Zach- Campo Bound


Fueled by excitement,  I eagerly await my last plane ride to San Diego. The adventure of a lifetime is about to happen! The trail to get here has been surprisingly smooth, in which all credit is due to my mother and father who have helped me so much along the way. The amount my mother has been able to handle at once never ceases to amaze me. I cannot thank her enough for all she does for me and my family, happy Mother’s Day Mom!
My family

Since the last time I posted a lot has happened. I graduated college with a degree in nutritional sciences, took the MCAT, drove 14 hours back home and started the application process to medical school, all in a three-week window!!!
Some of my friends that came to see me off!
Trying to match my dad's style was easy. 
Thanks to all the friends and neighbors who were able to make it in person and in spirit last night for an impromptu sendoff . Every one one of you has made a huge impact upon my family and me! We are blessed to have such great friends and support and were happy to share last night together.  It was great way to start off PCT with Purpose. 

Before the head shave with my dad.
The plane has just pulled in to the terminal and first call for section A to board is called. The trip of a lifetime is about to begin, let's just pray now my bags get there on time and I will be able to find my Trail Angel, Bob with ease.

In a few days, I will be hitting the trail and will be immersed in the PCT experience.   Along the way, my mom will be sending me care packages from home with good homemade meals, snacks, and things.  If you want to get in touch with me reach out to her at kwills@cinci.rr.com.  


Zach's GoFundMe page

No comments:

Post a Comment