Monday, June 13, 2016

June 9th. meeting Yogi, water sources

The last couple days have definitely had their ups and downs, but I have been feeling great and increasing my mileage regardless. Since my last post I have hit 28, 25, 25 and 24 miles are planned for the day. Today's trail magic was extra special because of who was bestowing it. PCT legends Coppertone, Yogi, Igor and his wife were the magic for the day.  Yogi is the trail name for Jackie McDonnell that wrote Yogi's Pacific Crest Trail handbook.  A must read for all PCT hikers. Yogi is the ultimate thru hiker. She has hiked everything from the PCT, CDT, Colorado Trail, and the AT. Pretty boy and I have been hiking together the last couple days because Liam and Alex started sleeping in a bit and fell behind on mileage. 

Pretty Boy





We have been feeling so great at the end of the days and want to work out some of our upper body we got the idea of starting "wild fit" workouts at night. Last night we already had 5 others, spoon train, sonic boom, chispa, nightrider, and ryan, along the way dedicated to starting the "wild fit" with us. 


I really enjoy hiking with Alex and Liam and hope they can catch back up after my Nero and zero I plan on taking at Kennedy to prepare for the Sierras. I have been blessed with great weather in the desert with overcast the last two days and only 1 day over 100. Keep your fingers crossed for two more days of great weather. 







I will be glad when I get out of the section that I don't have to worry about not finding water sources.


Finding water can be tough.


I sent home some of my gear and mailed my tent up to the next stop hoping that I could make it through the desert easier. My sleeping pad has a micro hole in it somewhere that I can't find. It is new just bought it so I will have to try and exchange it, get it repaired or try something different.


My mom's birthday is tomorrow and my sister's is the next day.  Hoping I get to wish them a Happy Birthday.  Here are some of the hikers with me enjoying the snacks I got in my resupply package.  





No comments:

Post a Comment