Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The road less traveled - the Pacific Crest Trail - so far - the people

I can't believe that I have hiked over 2,000 miles.  It seems like it wasn't too long ago that I was getting my trail legs under me and figuring out how to be a thru hiker. Before I came on the trail the most I had hiked out in the wilderness was 5 days so it was a massive undertaking for me to go through the planning and just to get to the trail. I had so much to learn and I am grateful for the other hikers and trail angels that I encountered to help me through it.  I have received so much on this trip and you guys have helped motivate me to make it.  Here is a glimpse of how much I have traveled so far.  If you click on the Delorme link below, you will be able to follow along with me. 

The break in the hike was when we were having some issues with the satellite keeping a charge and had to replace it.  I don't have everyone's pictures.  One in particular I wish I had was Edward Manning because he stopped to help me out when I injured my knee.  Ed hiked into the trail to find me and help me out.   It was because of Ed that I got the rest I needed to get back on the trail. I also wish I had a picture of Pancakes' parents, they allowed me to stay with them on a very busy 4th of July weekend.  Thanks for the hospitality!

Here are some of the faces of the people that I have met along the way:


I was lost.


Legend
the first southbounder








The Jacksons' friends of my mom's.

Alex and Liam have hiked with me since the 2nd or third week.


Lea from Tehachapi!  


Meeting up with the famous Yogi herself!


Nightrider and I started from Campo the same day and she has hiked on and off with us
throughout the trail!



Trail Angels that help the hikers every year!


Gave us a ride to the Mt. Shasta Trailhead.
Pancakes of course!
Hanging out one of the rare nights we had a campfire.

The Pacific Crest Trail is 2,663 miles long. The route passes through 25 national forests and 7 national parks Even though scores of people people hike the trails each year, it has some of the most severe terrain in the United States. It takes the average hiker five to six months or more to complete it. To learn more about the trail, please visit http://www.pcta.org/.

You may also track me on the trial on through:

*Half-Mile PCT Google Earth         

*Delorme MapShare                             *Facebook

*Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment